The office of the building department encompasses all of the traditional roles performed by a building inspector which include:
- Issuance of Building Permits, Electric Work Applications and Sign Permits and the associated inspections for the same.
- Issuance of Demolition Permits
- Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy or Compliance
- Enforcement of Building and Zoning Codes
The building department addresses all zoning and planning questions.
Please visit Chapter 300 of the Sag Harbor Village code for information on structure set-backs, lot coverage and other zoning questions. Residential set-backs are at the end of the chapter in the Table of Dimensional Regulations.
Please Click the Link to View: Board Meeting Calendar 2020
ACORD forms are neither accepted nor required in any instance.
PDF documents require Acrobat Reader to open. Download Acrobat Reader.
Once any required Board approvals are received, Building Permits that have been deemed complete will be processed in a timely manner in the order that they are received. The exact processing time is not available due to the changing backlog we experience.
The most prevalent omissions that result in a permit being deemed incomplete are:
- Workers compensation certificate missing
- Incorrect address on certificate (must list P.O. Box 660, not 55 Main)
- Cost of construction not entered on the building permit application
- Required energy details not furnished (see memo below regarding what is required)
- Required wind resistance details not furnished (gauge of straps, number of nails, etc.)
Note: Your plans will not be reviewed until such time as the application is deemed complete.